Thursday, December 31, 2009
The Walker Report records 6,200 posts on blog today
Happy New Year from Alice Guerra & GTO Advertising
Vic Luebker announces run for State Senator District 19
Friends and Fellow Texans,I'm proud to announce my entry into the 2010 race for Senate in the 19th District of Texas. It's time for more citizen servants and less politics and bickering. I encourage you to read my bio, positions on the issues and how I plan, with your support, to send one of us to Austin in 2010. I have a strong plan to make this district the most desirable place to work and play in Texas!
I served our great country in three conflicts with 22 years of military service and I’m the founder of a national Non-Profit Foundation for Veterans and their families. I’ve also served as president of a $1,000,000 company. I bring education, leadership, commitment, and a dedication to public service to the race.You'll soon see I'm working hard and not feeling out the "politics" of 2010. Candidates have an obligation to work for you, work hard, and do it well in advance. Slogans about family and country won't work in the middle of 2010, it's time for leadership today!
I proudly stepped out of the race for Congressional district 23 to endorse my good friend Quico Canseco. I’m convinced he is the right man at the right time for the job. I also feel Texans will best be served with me right here in District 19 as your Senator and advocate for small business, veterans and families. It’s time to stop the spending and create jobs.
Now is the time to roll up our sleeves to start working and stop talking about helping this vital part of the district. “Vic fought for our country in the first Gulf War, Bosina and the Global War on Terror. When he came back he started Hope4Heroes, a national non-profit organization that serves wounded men and women of our armed forces, and has since become one of our nation’s leading experts on veteran’s issues.
"He is an outstanding American who has served our country and our community with pride and honor his entire life. As someone who knows Texas and knows our community I am proud to support Vic in his effort to represent Senate District 19," says Quico Canseco.
Best Wishes from T.J. Connolly a.k.a. "Nostrodamus!"
May the sun shine always on your back...Happy New Year...and God Bless!
T. J. Connolly
Connolly Company, Ltd.
Editor's Note: ESPN Talk Show Host & former 550 KTSA Talk Show Host Chris Duel dubbed, Connolly as "Nostrodamus" due to his uncanny ability to make political & non-political predictions. Many have been posted in the past on Walker Report.
Judicial candidate Pamela Gabriel Craig files for office, 12-31
Bexar County DA candidate Nico LaHood makes it official
San Antonio attorney, Special Prosecutor, and former Magistrate
“This isn’t a decision I took lightly,” noted LaHood. “But the more people I talked with, the more it became clear that change has to start at the top in the DA’s office if we’re going to get serious about making San Antonio a safer place to work, live and raise children.”
LaHood pointed to a series of challenges facing Bexar County, from overcrowded jails, to an underutilization of drug courts, to the lowest conviction rate among the five largest counties in the state.
LaHood is a member of the club no one should have to belong to — families who have lost loved ones to violence. His brother Michael was shot in an attempted carjacking, and Nicholas, along with his younger brother Marc, represented their family in Huntsville to witness the state execution of his brother’s murderer.
Noting that 80% of Texas inmates are high school dropouts, LaHood added that “we would make San Antonio a safer place if we measured success in the number of people we graduate from high school and not just the number of people we have sitting in a jail.”
Nicholas LaHood has been recognized repeatedly by his peers as a “Rising Star” in Law & Politics Magazine. He has practiced both as a criminal defense attorney and as a Special Prosecutor, previously for Wilson, Karnes, and Medina Counties and currently for Bexar County. A member of the St. Mary’s Law School Alumni Association Board, Nicholas and his wife Davida are the proud parents of their 15-month old daughter, Maya.
Bexar County Republican Party calendar for January
- Friday, January 1st- New Year's Day
- Friday, January 8th- Bexar County Executive Committee Meeting
6:30 p.m. at Holiday Inn Select, 77 NE Loop 410, TX 78216, between McCullough and Jones Maltsberger. Statutory meeting for the candidates to draw for places on the ballot of the Republican Party Primary Election to be held on March 2nd, set time for the Precinct Conventions to convene, and announce the times and locations of the Senatorial District Conventions. Contact for information: Republican Party headquarters at 210-824-9445 or email@example.com
- Tuesday, January 12th - Alamo Pachyderm Club Meeting
11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m. at The Palm Restaurant, 233 East Houston Street, 78205. Guest Speaker: Sherry Sylvester, Texans for Lawsuit Reform. Valet parking is available. For further information and reservations, contact: Larry Loveall at 210-492-1294 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wednesday, January 13th - Young Republicans of Bexar County General Meeting 6:30 p.m. For further information and reservations, contact Anne Forbes at email@example.com
- Thursday, January 14th - Roger Williams for U. S. Senate Fundraiser Luncheon 11:45 a.m. – 1 p.m. at the Boardroom at Club Giraud, 707 N. Saint Marys Street, 78205. For further information, contact: Kyle Jackson at 866-789-9223 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thursday, January 14th- Republican Business Women of Bexar County Luncheon Meeting, 11 a.m. at San Antonio Country Club, 4100 N. New Braunfels Ave., 78209. Contact for reservations no later than Sunday, January 10th: reservations@BexarRBW.com or Linda Bulger at 210-408-9233
- Thursday, January 14th - Kay Bailey Hutchison for Governor Debate Watch Party TBA p.m. at TBD. For further information, contact: Cassidy at Cassidy@texansforKay.com
- Monday, January 18th - Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Tuesday, January 19th - Alamo City Republican Women Luncheon Meeting 11 a.m. at Oak Hills Country Club, 5403 Fredericksburg Rd., 78229. Contact for reservations no later than Friday, January 15: Barbara at 210-342-5482, or email@example.com
- Tuesday, January 19th - Supreme Court Justice Eva Guzman for Place 9 Fundraiser Reception , 5:30 - 7 p.m. at the home of Lisa & Dr. Karl Swann, San Antonio. For further information, contact: Melynda Gulley at 210-828-9162 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wednesday, January 20th - Northeast Bexar County Republican Women Meeting 11 a.m. at Olympia Hills Golf & Conference Center, 12900 Mount Olympus, Universal City TX 78148. Contact for reservations no later than Sunday, January 17th: Cheri Creekmore at 210-659-4399 or Hazel at 210-497-8717 or email@example.com
- Wednesday, January 20th - Justice Rebecca Simmons for Texas Supreme Court Place 3 Fundraiser Reception, 6-7:30 p.m. at the home of Linda & Ed Whitacre. For further information, contact: Janelle McArthur at 210-699-1925 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thursday, January 21st - Republican Mens Club Meeting, 11:30 a.m. at Paesanos Restaurant, 555 E. Basse Rd., 78209. Contact for reservations: Robert Colunga at 210-316-9256, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Friday, January 22nd - Bexar County Republican Women Luncheon Meeting 11 a.m. at The Club at Sonterra, 901 Sonterra, 78258. Contact for reservations no later than Monday, January 18: Carol Kraft at 210-492-2176 or email@example.com
- Saturday, January 23rd - Northwest Republican Club Meeting, 11 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. at Buffalo's Southwest Cafe, 11812 Bandera Road, Helotes, 78023. Contact for reservations: Dominick Dina at 210-273-9082 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tuesday, January 26th - Francisco 'Quico' Canseco for Congress, District 23, Fundraiser Reception, 6 p.m. at Club Giraud, 707 N. Saint Marys Street, 78205. For further information, contact: Susan Lilly at 866-789-9223 or email@example.com
- Friday, January 29th - Rick Perry for Governor Fundraiser Reception
6 p.m. at the Terraza Room, La Margarita, 120 Produce Row, 78205. For further information, contact: Krystal Alvarado at 512-478-3276 or KrystleAlvarado@rickperry.org
Get Out the Vote: Voter Registration @ Angelitas, 1-9
Get out the vote:
Voter registration, rally, Meet and Greet.
Special Guest Speaker Judge Ron Rangel
Location 4101 S. Presa @ Fair Ave
Angelitas Restaurant ( the orange building).
Date : January 9th @ 9 a.m.
Tacos, Coffee & Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice
Invitees: Teachers, The Neighborhood,Precinct Chairs, others
Donations requested at the door.
Sponsored by the Law Offices of Juan Calderon, Legal Admin Rodrigo Crispin
Wednesday, December 30, 2009
Pastor Richard Boyd's mini-sermon of the week of 12-28-31
Pastor Richard Boyd (photo)
God Bless New Year!
This weeks evideo promises to really bless all who view!
Click below to view!
A true father is not one who lifts up his name or authority above his son. A father is one who loves and leads his son without ever reminding him that he is father. When we learn to love others we will learn to let go of our false security in promoting ourselves. Who are you leading? If you want to understand fathering learn from God & His Son!
Please continue to tell your friends, family, co workers, neighbors, strangers, or just everyone about the new programs each week on Passion TV.
Former Commissioner to run for State Rep. District 122
State Rep. Frank Corte to step down from State Legislature
Corte is in the property-management and land-development business. A graduate of Texas A&M University, he rose to the rank of colonel in the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve. He received a Bronze Star for service in 2007 when called up for duty in Iraq.
Democrat Tim Ybarra candidate for Bexar County Clerk
County Clerk candidate
Dear Friends,I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday. With only a few days left in 2009, I look forward to what 2010 brings. I would like to announce that I have officially filed to seek the Democratic nomination for Bexar County Clerk.
With over 19 years in Bexar County government, I not only possess the experience required to bring change to the Bexar County Clerk’s Office, but also the leadership skills needed. I humbly and respectfully ask for your support and vote.
Please visit my website at http://www.timforclerk.com/ and join us on Facebook at Tim Ybarra for County Clerk.
Tuesday, December 29, 2009
Still more photos of Young Kids from 2009-Walker Report
Posted by Robert Castaneda at Tuesday, December 29, 2009 0 comments