Saturday, February 28, 2015
2015 Cesar E. Chavez Scholarship Gala @ El Tropicano, 3-26
Si Se Puede!
The 19th Annual Cesar E. Chavez March for Justice, 3-28
Greater Faith Church to host 18th Annual Co-ED Conference, 3-6
Greater Faith Institutional Church A.O.T.W.M. will be hosting our 18th Annual Co-Ed Conference Friday-Sunday, March 6th-8th. We are requesting your presence at either session if only for a brief moment. The Dates and times of the sessions are as follows:
Your presence will be greatly appreciated. This is one more great event that you can make a difference, be a voice to shape and change someones life for the better. Prayerfully we see you at this Great Move of God in our city and of course you know!!!
Chief-Apostle/Bishop Rosa L. Wilson (Rosita)
Friday, February 27, 2015
Carlos Quezada files for HISD Board Member, District 6, 2-27
Together, the South Side of San Antonio and the Harlandale School District helped shape who I am today. I would do anything, in my power, to repay both the community and HISD.
With that in mind, after prayer, family and community support, I am announcing my candidacy for Harlandale School Board District 6.
I am guided on this journey by many supporters including my friend, Anthony Alcoser. Anthony has held this position and served on the board for the last 12 years. I want to thank him for his service to the district and for his support. I look forward to working with all of you very soon to help preserve and improve HISD.
HISD Board candidate £6
Posted by Walker Report at Friday, February 27, 2015 1 comments
Patti Radle files for SAISD Board District 5- is unopposed, 2-27
former SAISD Board member
Christian Coalition of Bexar County hosts Mayor Forum, 3-23
A list of candidates will be released soon.
This meeting will be held in the Fiesta Room at Luby's, 911 N. Main, San Antonio, from 5:30-8:30 p.m.
For further information, please contact Nancy Goettman at (210) 800-6704, or Carl Anderson at (210) 663-7189.
Fiesta Medal Unveiling @ Our Lady of the Lake University, 2-26
FIESTA MEDAL UNVEILING AT
OUR LADY OF THE LAKE UNIVERSITY
On Thursday, February 26 Our Lady of the Lake University unveiled their 2015 Fiesta Medal in a rousing ceremony held on the front of the campus.
The West San Antonio Chamber of Commerce and Melendrez Entertainment were proud attendees at the event. West Chamber Members Ryan and Lisa Blank from Menchies Frozen Yogurt on Marbach Rd. provided those in attendance with free samples of their tasty product.
For more photos from this event and other West Chamber events please visit www.Melendrezentertainment.com.
District 6 City Councilman Ray Lopez- Breakfast Series, 3-18
Student Project Mayoral Forum @ Northwest Vista College, 3-5
Join the Student Government Association & Project Dem @ Northwest Vista College, 2015 Microsoft Corporation Blvd for a Candidate Forum for Mayor of San Antonio. Thursday, March 5th from 1:30 p.m.-3:30 p.m.
Wednesday, February 25, 2015
Media Worskshop confirmed speaker for SAAHJ @ Univision, 3-7
And she will join us at our workshop. You can too @ Univision, 12451 Network Boulevard from 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
Register here: https://
Posted by Walker Report at Wednesday, February 25, 2015 0 comments
Tuesday, February 24, 2015
Campaign Breakfast to re-elect Velma Ybarra for HISD Board, 2-28
Posted by Walker Report at Tuesday, February 24, 2015 0 comments
The top Ten President Abraham Lincoln facts, (16th President)
Top 10 Abraham Lincoln facts1. He was the only president to have a patent: Lincoln invented a device to free steamboats that ran aground.
2. He practiced law without a degree. Lincoln had about 18 months of formal schooling.
3. He wanted women to have the vote in 1836. The future president was a suffragette before it became fashionable.
4. He was a big animal lover, but he wouldn’t hunt or fish. If he were alive today, Lincoln would be running an animal shelter.
5. He really was a wrestler. Lincoln was documented as taking part in wrestling bouts. We don’t think he wore a mask or had a manager.
6. He lost in his first bid for a presidential ticket. The unknown Lincoln was an unsuccessful vice presidential candidate in 1856 at the Republican convention.
7. He never belonged to an organized church. Lincoln read the Bible daily, but he never joined an organized church in his lifetime.
8. He didn’t drink, smoke, or chew. Lincoln was a simple man of tastes, and he never drank in the White House.
9. He didn’t have a middle name. Lincoln went through his life with two names.
10. He hated being called Abe. Apparently, he preferred being called by his last name
40 more Lincoln facts
11. Lincoln established Thanksgiving as a national holiday.
12. He was the first president born outside of the 13 original states.
13. Lincoln loved to eat oysters.
14. Lincoln’s cat ate at the White House dinner table.
15. His dog was named Fido.
16. His cat was named Tabby.
17. His favorite food was fruit.
18. He was also a big fan of chicken casserole.
19. Lincoln was the first president to use the telegraph.
20. He used the telegraph like email to communicate with generals.
21. Lincoln’s mother was killed by poisoned milk.
22. Lincoln’s life was saved twice when he was young.
23. Grave robbers were foiled in 1876 when they tried to steal Lincoln’s body.
24. He was the first president with a beard.
25. Lincoln argued a case before the Supreme Court in 1849 and lost.
26. Lincoln failed in his first business.
27. Lincoln’s shoe size was between 12 and 14.
28. His coffin has been opened five times.
29. Lincoln was estranged from his father and didn’t attend his funeral.
30. Lincoln didn’t play musical instruments.
31. Lincoln served one term in the U.S. House of Representatives.
32. He ran for the U.S. Senate twice and lost.
33. Lincoln won the popular vote in Senate campaign against Douglas but lost the election.
34. Lincoln was shot on Good Friday.
35. Lincoln was photographed with John Wilkes Booth at his second inauguration.
36. There are no direct living descendants of Abraham Lincoln.
37. Booth’s brother saved the life of Lincoln’s son on a New Jersey train platform.
38. Lincoln was part of séances after his son died in the White House.
39. Lincoln’s animals also died in a White House stable fire.
40. Someone shot at Lincoln in 1864 and put a hole in his stovepipe hat.
41. Lincoln was the first president to be assassinated.
42. He was a judge on the circuit court in Illinois.
43. Lincoln defended the son of his most famous wrestling opponent from murder charges.
44. Lincoln battled depression for much of his life.
45. Lincoln was seemingly obsessed with cats.
46. He was set to take part in a duel, but it was cancelled at the last second.
47. Lincoln kept his important documents inside his hat.
48. Lincoln’s dog Fido was killed by a drunken assailant a year after Lincoln died.
49. Lincoln’s suit was made by Brooks Brothers.
50. Lincoln’s guest at Ford’s Theater was Ulysses S. Grant, who cancelled at the last second.
Posted by Walker Report at Tuesday, February 24, 2015 0 comments
Monday, February 23, 2015
David L. Rosa files his paperwork as candidate for St. Rep. 124
Posted by Walker Report at Monday, February 23, 2015 0 comments
Sunday, February 22, 2015
"Just a Thought" Column continues in La Prensa of SA, 2-22
Posted by Walker Report at Sunday, February 22, 2015 0 comments
Saturday, February 21, 2015
West Chamber Breakfast with District 7 Cris Medina, 2-18
Posted by Walker Report at Saturday, February 21, 2015 0 comments