Updated Calendar of Events for the month of September
L-R: Castro brothers birthday-September 16th
- September 3rd-Sylvia Lopez for the 290th District Court Fundraiser @ Luther's Cafe, 1425 N. Main, from 5:30 to 730 p.m. Thursday, September 3rd
- September 3rd-NHPOSA Presents “Changing The World a Family-at-a-Time”
A Professional Networking Event @ Panchito’s at The Quarry, 7310 Jones Maltsberger (Next to StoneWerks) Thursday, September 3rd from 6:30 -9 p.m. $5 Donation to Benefit The Children of Positive Beginnings, Inc.
September 3rd-"Vigils & Protests" Photography Exhibition, Thursday, September 3rd at 6 p.m.-9 p.m.@ Joan Groan Gallery. 112 Blue Star
- September 3rd-Children's Shelter Benefit, $20 contribution at the door,Thursday, September 3rd from 5-11 p.m. @ COCO Chocolate Lounge- NE Corner of 281/1604 @ Legacy Shopping Center, 18402, 281N, 861-9414, www.sa-coco.com
- September 5th-63rd Birthday of Walker Report Publisher/Editor, Judge Steve Walker!!!!!!!
- September 5th-Texas Tejano Breakfast, 10 a.m.-noon @t Alamo Plaza. The official 2009 Tejano Heritage Month Poster will be unveiled. Free breakfast tacos, orange juice & bottled water. Free & open to the public. Contact: Texas Tejano.com (210) 673-3584
- September 7th-Labor Day
- September 7th-The Bexar County Democratic Women, September Meeting, Monday, September 7th @ 6:30-8 p.m. @ SAAPAC Offices, 7122 San Pedro
- September 9th-Shavano Park Mixer, Wednesday 09-09-09 from: 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m @ Burger Bistro, 2267 NW Military Hwy(210) 366-9061.
- September 9th-Alamo City Democrats Monthly Meeting, Wednesday, September 9th @ 7 p.m. @SEIU Offices 1017 N. Main Ste 100
- September 9th-The San Antonio Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (SAHCC) will celebrate Mayor Castro’s first 100 days as the mayor with a reception at 5:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 9th, at the IBC Bank located at 130 E. Travis.
- September 10th-Rosie Alvarado, Candidate for 285th District Court Judge @ her Campaign Kick-Off Party & Fundraiser, Thursday, September 10th from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.@ the Aztec Theatre, 201 E. Commerce St.RSVP: (210) 223-2685 or email@example.com
- September 10th-SATechNews.com 8th Birthday Bash and Hi-Tech Mixer! the Best Power Networking in San Antonio,September 10th from 5:30 - 8 p.m. @ Chisolm Building, Brass Professional Center, 4400 NW Loop 410 (Between Babcock and Callaghan) Call John Hill - (210) 582-5814
- September 10th-A Birthday Fundraiser for Judge JoAnn DeHoyos Re-election bid, for County Court #11, Thursday, September 10th from 5:30-7:30 p.m. @ Landry on the River, 517 N. Presa. RSVP: Delilah, firstname.lastname@example.org or 490-6160.
- September 10th-NHPO Professional Development Speak Series presents Public Service: A Voice In The Community presented by Rebeca Martinez @ the Palm, 233 E. Houston St., Thursday, September 10th from 11:45 a.m.-1 p.m.Admission: $25 NHPO Members & $30 Non-NHPO Member.
- September 10th-Meet the Doctor," Incan Doctor Manuel Canales from Arequipa, Peru, Open to the Public, Thursday, September 10th from 4-7 p.m. @ The Historic Jackson Ranch (Center For Healng and The Arts) 8910 Callaghan Road. info@PachamamasGarden.com
- September 11-Quinceanera Celebration & Awards Dinner, from 6-9 p.m., Friday, September 11th @ LaVillita Assembly Building, 418 Villita. Arthur Amerson, former Councilman Juan Solis & Councilwoman Mary Alice Cisneros will be honored.
- September 11th-2009 San Antonio League of Women Voters Dinner & Roast of City Manager Sheryl Sculley, Friday, September 11th, with dinner @ 7:30 p.m. @ Oak Hills Country Club on Fredericksburg Road.
- September 12th-28th Annual 16 de Septiembre Parade & Festival, Grand Marshal, Mayor Julian Castro, Fundraiser, Host: Avenida Guadalupe AssociationSaturday, September 12th @ 11 .m. to 10 p.m. @ Avenida Neighborhood, Guadalupe at Brazos.
- September 12th-Come & meet Paul Talamentez, candidate for the 285th District Court, Saturday September 12th from 10-11:30 a.m. @Nava's Family Restaurant, 1573 Bandra Road. Call: 385-9075 for more info.
- September 12th-Fundraiser Alamo City Red Raiders Football Youth, @ Fatso's Sport Gardens, Saturday, September 12th at noon-4 p.m.
- September 12th-The Neighborhood Resource Center Presents 20th Annual Neighborhood Conference, Saturday, September 12th • 8:00 a.m. – 3 p.m.
227 W. Woodlawn • ( Laurel Heights United Methodist Church )
- September 14th-District 9 for San Antonio Fundraiser, Monday, September 14th from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. @ Aldacos Mexican Restaurant – Sunset Station. RSVP call: Alice Guerra at 732-8111 or email http://email@example.com
- September 16th-Please join us September 16th @ Sunset Station from 7-9:30 p.m. A Birthday Party for Mayor Julian & State Rep. Joaquin Castro.
- September 17th-Exhibit Opening Reception for TUSKS! Ice Age Mammoths & Mastodons @ UTSA's Institute of Texan Cultures, Thursday, September 17th at 5:30 p.m.
- September 18th-Life Synagogue will host a job & health fair, sponsored by SAJOBNET. Friday September 18th, from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Claude Black Community Center, 2805 E. Commerce Street 210-240-7340, Any vendor who wants a table please email us at http://LSJOBFAIR@GMAIL.COM; for details.
- September 19th-3rd Annual Great Strides Thousand Oaks 5K Walk/Fun-Run, Saturday, September 19th, @ McAllister Park, Pavilion 4 - Thousand Oaks, Check-in: 8 a.m. Start time: 9 a.m. For more info call the CFF Lone Star Chapter: 210-829-7267 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- September 20-Torchlight Technologies presents a networking mixer, September 20th from 6-8 p.m. Plaza Club, 100 W. Houston St., Ste 2100. (Frost Bank Tower) Hosted by Brandi Lopez.
- September 22nd-Dress for Success "My Fair Lady Gala," Tuesday, September 22nd, from 6:30-9:30 p.m. @ the San Antonio Marriott Northwest, 3233 NW Loop 410 (78213) RSVP: 737-1515 or email: email@example.com