View My Stats

Friday, June 01, 2012

Message from Congressional candidate Candace Duval

I want to give a big Texas-size thank you for all your support.  I am proud and humbled by the honor of being elected as the Democratic candidate for U.S. Congress District 21.  I couldn’t have done it without your support and I’m happy to share this resounding victory with each of you and all the Democrats who voted in this primary.

IMG_1245.jpgThis journey began when Texas gained 4 new congressional districts. Following a childhood dream to run for office, I knew that this was the year to go for it and it was a viable opportunity to actually WIN.


After traveling 9 counties and collecting almost double the amount of petitions needed to get on the ballot in March, I knew I already was victorious.  Even at the 11th hour when a veteran campaigner with a highly recognized name, .

The hard work paid off as I received the endorsement of 13 out of 13 Democratic clubs, the Austin Chronicle and the Burnt Orange Report.    

As we now turn our focus to the general election, I will continue to emphasize that the people of our district deserve a Congressperson who will put serving the needs of the great people of Central Texas above partisan political bickering and high dollar special interest. 

Now, we roll up our sleeves a little higher and get back to work. It’s a challenge, but I know it’s one we can meet and accomplish together by building a campaign that reaches out to the community and lets them know that they do have a choice in November.  

If you are willing to roll up your sleeves with me, it will take a substantial amount of time, effort and resources. It won’t be easy but I’m committed to seeing this through and I am asking for your sustained support so I can support you in Congress.

We have launched a new Sustaining Members Committee to make it easy for you to offer your support and recruit friends and family. 
 Please sign up today to contribute $5, $15, $25, $50 or more per month to become a Sustaining Committee Member.
Serving with Heart deep in the Heart of Texas!

signature.jpg

No comments: