View My Stats

Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Cong. candidate John Bustamante endorses Ciro Rodriguez

JOHN BUSTAMANTE  ANNOUNCES SUPPORT FOR DEMOCRATIC CONGRESSIONAL CANDIDATE CIRO RODRIGUEZ

San Antonio, TX – John Bustamante today announced his support for Ciro Rodriguez, recognizing Rodriguez as the best choice to unite the 23rd Congressional District.

"Ciro's distinguished history of service, particularly in the areas of protection of our seniors and veterans affairs, demonstrates his commitment and understanding of the needs of the community," said Bustamante. "I urge my supporters and all Democrats to unite on July 31st and vote for Ciro. We need a representative in Washington who is ready to stand up for Texas.

In his first run for public office, Bustamante garnered 13.25% of the vote in the May 29th Democratic primary. It was an impressive showing of support for a candidate that ran an uncompromising grassroots campaign that resulted in significant number of votes in relation to the amount of campaign money spent, indicating future electoral promise.

"Over the past ten months I drove more than 15,000 miles throughout south and west Texas. I am incredibly grateful for the welcome I received and for everyone who helped me to pursue the Democratic nomination. We have all learned a lot together through this process and I hope you will join me the next phase of the campaign for the 23rd Congressional District by rallying for Ciro Rodriguez's return to Washington."

No comments: