View My Stats

Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Message from Ciro Rodriguez on Cong. District 23 run-off


Last Tuesday, the voters of the 23rd once again showed their support and
confidence in me. I am truly humbled, honored and grateful to you.

I am proud of the positive campaign that we ran, and I am determined to
stay focused on our Democratic values, and the issues that matter to the
working families of the 23rd….  protecting Social Security and
Medicare, expanding opportunities for working families, keeping
America’s promise to our veterans, insuring that every young person
 has access to a good education and keeping the American Dream alive
for our children.

I want to thank everyone who phone-banked, block-walked, stuffed
envelopes, or made a financial contribution to my campaign. You
are a BIG part of my success. I was outspent 9-to-1 by special interest
and out of district money, but with your hard work we came out on top.
The Express News Editorial Board observed that "All the negative
spending and attack ads achieved underwhelming results. . . As returns
continued to roll in Tuesday night, Rodriguez hovered just above the 50
percent mark necessary to avoid a runoff with his closest competitor".
You showed that what matters in this district is personal commitment
and hard work.

The journey is not over. I need you again! We have less than two months
to victory, and your help and support will ensure our success on July
31st.! For that to happen,  I need your continued support - can I count
on you? We have proven that we make the most of the generous
contributions that we receive, & YOUR contribution of $25, $50,
or more will go a long way.

Mil Gracias,

No comments: