I want to sincerely thank all my friends and supporters on my bid for Bexar County Democratic Party Chair. I enjoyed the many challenges that I faced when appointed a year ago. Much has been accomplished and I am proud of being able to leave the party in much better shape than when I began.

Along the way, I have met many new friends, appreciate my life long friends, and grateful to continue working with so many friends from so many campaigns. I have learned much these past 12 months and do not have one single regret. I am at peace knowing that I worked 24/7, that the party is out of debt, that we are about to complete a primary with over 70 local Democratic candidates, our financial transactions are transparent, and for 12 months now we have yet to see a negative article about the Democratic Party in the Express News and other electronic newspapers.

Accomplishments and victories do not have to be one in the same; both are a step in creating a better tomorrow in different roles and with different titles. The one title that we always have is: "citizen". As citizens we have certain responsibilities to ourselves, those next to us, near us, a distant from us and those far away. It should never be about me; it should always be about We.

With much respect to our party leaders, voters, supporters, and my beautiful family, I thank you for the opportunity to serve and make a difference in Democratic Party politics. The L in losing does not equal the L for leaving. I bleed BLUE!

I love the Democratic Party, I am committed to re-electing our President, and I have only the best and most sincere wishes to County Chair Elect, Manuel Medina.

Long Live the Democratic Party!

Choco

County Chair
Choco Gonzalez MezaBexar County Democratic Party Chair
Texas State Democratic Executive Committee Member
"Texas Majority Builder"
Democratic National Committee Member
"Together We Can Do GREAT Things!