View My Stats

Monday, October 29, 2007

McGrody pulls out of Congressional Race (dist. 23)


Jim McGrody (photo) pulls out of Congressional District 23 race

Republican Jim McGrody has decided end his bid for the congressional seat held by Congressman Ciro Rodriguez, D-San Antonio.

The retired teacher and publisher from Fair Oaks Ranch said in a statement Monday that he did not have sufficient financial resources to continue his quest for the GOP nomination.

From the Jim McGrody website:
"Due to financial considerations, I have decided to withdraw my name from contention for the Republican nomination for Texas Congressional District 23. My Campaign will officially terminate its filing with the Federal Election Commission (FEC) and will return all financial contributions to its donors.


"My wife and I have appreciated the many kindnesses afforded to us along the way - and, we look forward to returning to a less hectic pace."

Contact Us
email:
mcgrody@gmail.com
phone: 830-446-6150
website:
http://www.mcgrodyforcongress.com

No comments: