View My Stats

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

"Thank You" message from Judge (JP2) Steve Walker

I wish to thank all of you who voted for me in the Democratic Primary for Justice of the Peace, Pct. 2. Unfortunately the votes were not there. It has been a privilege to serve you as Justice of the Peace Pct. 2 for the past 3 1/2 years. I still have seven months of my term left and I plan to continue to do what I know best for the job.

I will continue to re-direct students back to school, mandate they obtain a Library Card, and sign up for tutoring so they improve their grades and don't drop out of school.

I am not going away and will continue on my mission to ensure all our students receive a good education, walk the stage with diploma in hand and enroll in some form of higher learning a.k.a. college or technical school.

Remember, serving as a Judge is about being fair, listening to people's stories and making a good decision based on the law for justice sake. You don't have to attend Law School to be able to follow the law. It is all about "Common Sense!"

I remind students when I speak to them at their schools on Career Day or in the court, "it is not where you start, but where you finish." I also use the quote, "it ain't over til it's over!" and take to heart the adage, "Don't let anybody define who you are. You define yourself."

Again thank for the privilege to serve.

Judge Steve Walker
Justice of the Peace, Pct. 2

No comments: