As many of you know, we held a town hall meeting last month to seek your input on budget priorities for fiscal year 2008. It was an initial step in what I hope will be a multi-faceted, citizen-driven process.
The next step takes place this week at our District 7 Budget Hearing which is scheduled for Thursday, August 30. Please click on the link above for more details. I am confident you will find that the proposed budget reflects many of your suggestions, and my hope is that it addresses some of the priorities raised at our first public input meeting.
Some of the highlights of the proposed budget include:
▪ 50 additional police officers to be directed toward neighborhood patrol units
▪ an additional $9 million to accelerate street and drainage projects
▪ implementation of traffic signal synchronization technology along Bandera Rd.
▪ continued investment in alley maintenance and restoration
▪ significant additional resources for graffiti abatement and youth services
I hope that you will continue to be engaged in this important process. If you cannot make it to our Thursday hearing and wish to provide your input regardless, please feel free to contact my office through phone or email. Thank you again for allowing me the opportunity to serve you.
We look forward to seeing you.
Tuesday, August 28, 2007