View My Stats

Monday, November 27, 2006

Uresti, Martinez offer condolences to Madla family


Frank Madla (photo from La Prensa)

Carlos Uresti, State Senator says...

Tragedy saddens San Antonians, and Texans, with the news of former state senator Frank Madla's death.

Senator Madla proudly served the state honorably in his thirty-three years as state representative, state senator, and most importantly, as a statesman.

He is a man to be respected and his memory will last for years to come. My heart is heavy with sorrow and sadness. Yolanda and I send our condolences to both the Madla family and the Cruz family on their losses today. Our prayers are with all of them and for the recovery of Helen.

Frank Madla was an icon and will always be respected for his tireless efforts in fighting for the mentally challenged, and for bringing Texas A&M to the Southside.

In his memory, more than ever, we must continue to fight to ensure that a Southside Texas A&M becomes a reality.

Jaime Martinez, National LULAC Treasurer says...

In this world that we live sorrow comes to all...some sooner than others" Frank Madla was an unexpected kind of sorrow that came to us in a twinkling of an eye.

It makes us more sensitive of our way of live. Frank Madla will always be remembered in my heart as a brother who believed in justice and that was a way of life for him...that injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere...He was a humble man to the end.

Tracy Bogert, SADL president says...

My family has been friends of Senator Madla since I was about 11 years old. I will always remember Frank as being a gentleman and a man of his word. Being a resident of the south side I can say with authority that Frank Madla always did what was best for the south side.

Frank was not the most eloquent speaker I had ever known but when he said he would do something you knew he would do it. Frank was a "behind the scenes" kind of guy who didn't seek the limelight.

My family and I will miss him. Our community has lost an icon. Our state has lost a leader who can never be replaced.

Hasta cuando nos veanos un día.

No comments: