View My Stats

Friday, November 10, 2006

Hank Gilbert thanks the voters of Texas

Hank Gilbert (Photo)

Dear Friend,

I want to take this opportunity to express my gratitude for your hard work and support throughout my campaign for Texas Agriculture Commissioner. None of the milestones we accomplished would have been possible without your help.

When all of the dust settled we had achieved a great deal, although we came out on the short end. We carried 46 counties in the state, many of which haven't been carried by a Democrat in years. We were also very close in about 25 other counties.

We garnered the highest vote of any statewide executive race on the ballot Tuesday. That is something I am definitely proud of, and you should be too - you made it happen! We intend to build on that, and work at making the Democratic Party the party of dominance in Texas by 2008!

Every state in the nation, with the exception of Texas, decided on Tuesday night that the current leadership's message of “stay the course” is the wrong course. After 4 more grueling years of this leadership in Texas, I'm positive we will abandon that message also.

No time is better than the present and within my family, as well as my extended family, we have already begun working toward that goal. I look forward to meeting and working with each of you over the next 2 years to ensure our Presidential candidate wins the State of Texas!

Our next goal will be to win every Democratic position on the ballot in 2010! Once again, my family and I thank you for everything. We will continue to keep in touch, and together, we will make a difference!

Your Friend,
Hank Gilbert

No comments: