View My Stats

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

A Heart Felt thank you....









And we know that all things work together for good
to those who love God,
to those who are called according to His purpose."
- Romans 8:28
Dear Friends,

After a long, arduous year of campaigning, I finally settled into some downtime after election day - time spent with family and friends; time spent in prayer, reflecting on the blessing of having won this election, preparing for responsibility that this new position requires, and preparing for the judicial leadership that I have promised you and will require of myself.

I wouldn't be here without the blessing of God and the people He sent to help in this campaign for children and families. I thank Him first and foremost.

I must thank my wife, Rachel, for being my best friend and life partner, for being dedicated to this campaign and for showing that commitment by taking on a vital and active leadership role. There was no task to menial, too complicated, or too delicate that Rachel didn't tackle and deliver on every count.

Thank you Mama Rose. You were my best poll worker. Thank you to my Sister Kathy who ran our phone banks, and emerged as a TV star in Sakai Sisterhood ads. Thank you to my brothers Randy and Paul. Special thanks to my son, George, and my daughter, Elizabeth. Great job family!

Special thanks to our development team, Treasurer Mary Alice Cisneros, Nelson and Tracy Wolff, Erin and Brent Barry, Elisa Chan, Sen. John Montford, and Carla and Andrew Morrison, Gordon Hartman, Edna and David Guerra and many others who stood with me all year.

I need to thank by branding team, the strategic and creative geniuses At GTO Advertising. My political consultant, Alice Guerra, was, without a doubt, the leader and strategist of this campaign.

Her intuition and vision generated winning concepts such as Do Not Be Confused, the Sakai Sisterhood, the Republicans for Sakai, and Proven vs. Potential, which were innovative and strategic in reaching out to voters and inspiring them to join us. Her judgment, insight, and counsel were critical to all the decisions Rachel and I had to make. Thank you so much Alice.

Carlos Pena, my Campaign Coordinator and copy writer, not only helped craft the messages but drew on every skill and talent he had to serve in the tough role of a traffic cop and project manager. He is going to make an outstanding community leader, just you watch.

Graphic Designer, Michael Garcia, is the one whose God given artistic ability designed the concepts Alice created in the wonderful ads and invitations that many of you saw and received. I am going to have to frame some of those - not only as momentos but, because they were so memorable.

I would be remiss not recognize the webmaster of PeterSakaiforJudge.com, Michelle Reynolds also of GTO Advertising. The web site drew accolades from near and far and was an integral part of our campaign. This was our branding and creative team and I thank them and recommend them highly.

I want to thank Ramon and Associates. Jo Ann and her team absolutely delivered the vote on E day. In true coordinated campaign form Jo Ann teamed up with the Sakai team and delivered effective "Get Out the Vote" and Rides to the Polls efforts with Henry Cisneros, Mary Alice Cisneros and Jaime Martinez recording messages to get out the vote. Thanks for all the hardwork and saavy of reaching the grass roots of the Democratic base.

I also want to thank Gabriel and Abraham Salazar of Opinion Strategies for overseeing the phone banks, field operations, and operating the Robo calls and polling. Opinion Strategies provided numbers crunching information that helped Alice and I make important strategic decisions to reach our goals.

I must thank the men and women who stepped out from of their comfort and safety zone to publicly support me, the Republicans for Sakai. Colonel Gene Townsend, Ann Kuykendall, and Dan Corbett all made the message clear that the race for the 225th District Court was not about party affiliations but about qualifications.

Having their voices on radio was both powerful and effective. I must also thank Buckner Fanning for making his first ever public statement endorsing a candidate for public office. The honor of having a leader like him take that step on my behalf is indeed overwhelming. His radio ad and Robo call were truly an added blessing.

I have to thank the Sakai Sisterhood for its support and energy. Women like Mary Alice Cisneros, Tracy Wolff, Pat Jasso, Elisa Chan, Arabia Vargas, my sister Kathy Sakai, Ginger Purdy, Pat Smothers, Councilwomen Patti Radle and Delicia Herrera, and so many others came together in a show of support for this campaign and beyond.

Keep your eyes open, the Sisterhood will continue and will an active force on behalf of children and families.

Thank you to the Democratic leadership of Carla Vela and her party operations to include BCDPNews Editor Steve Walker, Joyce Dorrycott and the North West Democrats, The North East Democrats, Tejano Democrats, Stonewall Democrats, and all Democrat organizations in Bexar County. There are not enough words to thank you for your hard work and role in this outstanding victory.

I also have to thank my team of office volunteers, poll workers, and the best phone bank in town. There are too many to name in such a short space. There was my sign team in Arnulfo Ybarra and Angel Martinez. Thank you Lupe Torres, Evelyn Mortola, Roselinda Martinez, Grace DeBraska, Maria Lopez, Kim Schmittou, and others who were available almost at the drop of a hat.

You enriched us with your presence, you kept us organized, and you kept our other volunteers supplied, moving, and motivated. Indeed, you were good as gold to us. An especially heartfelt thank-you goes out to you.

To all who voted, I thank you for your belief in my ability, your trust in my vision, and your faith in my leadership. Thank you for choosing me. I will not let you down.

Stay with me. This is only the beginning.
Peter Sakai, Judge Elect
225th District Court

No comments: