View My Stats

Monday, February 12, 2007

Interview with SA Publicist Diana Arevalo for Tejano Grammy nominee Rebecca Valadez


Diana Arevalo
SA Publicist for Rebecca Valadez

In a phone intervew with Diana Arevelo still in LA

Rebecca Valadez is still on top,” says the 2007 Grammy nominee’s San Antonio Publicist Diana Arevalo.

According to Arevalo, Chente Barrera, may have taken home the Grammy, “but Rebecca was the only Grammy Award nominee to receive the mike from the legendary Chaka Khan at the 2007 Official Grammy Awards After Party.”

Arevalo says Khan sang “Sweet Thing,” the same song Valadez performed on Star Search in 2003. The crowd for the party included various Grammy Award Nominees/Winners along with several record execs.


In an interview in LA, Valadez said “seeing one of my idols on stage perform one of my favorite R&B songs has given me a glimpse of what my career could look like, and has given me new found energy to pursue my goals not just Tejano music, but a possible crossover career.” Arevalo says “I feel very honored to say that I’ve worked with Rebecca Valadez & Chente Barrera. Both are Grammy Award winners, extremely talented, and dear friends.”

According to Arevalo “walking the red carpet with Rebecca was the most rewarding experience, because Rebecca was stopped by almost every single television show to be interviewed.”

Arevalo pointed out in the long distance phone interview with the Walker Report that the highlight for her came after the pre-telecast when Valadez was interviewed on XM Radio.

According to the SA Publicist “The one thing that I’ve learned by networking with record execs and other artists is that at the end of the day it comes down to talent and work ethic.

“Everyone may not leave with a Grammy in their hands, but everyone will leave knowing their talent is appreciated and respected by everyone in the music industry. I’m looking forward returning to San Antonio and working on a political campaign.”

No comments: