View My Stats

Monday, January 22, 2007

Party Exec, Dir. says, enough of the "Republicrat"


Madeleine DeWar, Bexar County Democratic Party Executive Director, And State Democratic Executive Committeewoman For Senate District 26 Issues Statement About "The Republicrat"

Part One:
Why I think True Conservatives and True Liberals are closer than most people think.
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007

This is a conservative writer who I respect. I don’t agree with everything he suggests and of course the one area where we often disagree is the “how” to get from point A to point B, but as I was sitting in this cold morning I happened on his blog and thought I’d share a few entries with you.

http://bartlett.blogs.nytimes.com

I subscribe to Times Select. If you are unable to access this I’ll be glad to forward the rest of his articles.

Bruce Bartlett is the author of "Impostor: How George W. Bush Bankrupted America and Betrayed the Reagan Legacy." In the 1980's, Mr. Bartlett was the executive director of the Joint Economic Committee of Congress. He later worked in the Reagan White House and in the Treasury Department during the administration of President George H.W. Bush.

Part Two
I am writing this one last post to the South Texas Republican Newsletter in response to the Republicrat and then I will be done. I refuse to continue encouraging a column that has degraded to the level of sewerage.

Frankly I’m surprised that Joe Solis is continuing to allow this level of drivel to contaminate his otherwise commendable newsletter. I have told him many times that I wish we Democrats had something as informative on our side.
I felt it necessary to defend Carla, but I’ve belatedly learned that nothing I could say would make any difference.

I have no problem with the silly things he [The Republicrat] is saying about me. As a matter of fact my “circus clown” shoes are consistently complimented. I am a rebel and I choose to allow myself that freedom in my retirement. That freedom also allows me to volunteer full time for the party and/or candidates of my choice like John Courage.

I’m like the Red Hat ladies except that I choose my rebellion to be in the political arena with my very visual van, my T-Shirts, my political buttons and my Birkies, the crazier the better. I do have a problem with the things he [The Republicrat] is saying about Carla, but many of the long time party activists, elected officials and others have told both Carla and I that they are very pleased with the progress the party is making.

They are suggesting in writing and through the spoken word both publicly and privately that we should not waste our time on this balderdash and put our continued efforts toward bringing Bexar County totally into the Democratic column.

Oh, one last thing. I will gladly name these people. None of them feel the need to hide in anonymity. Many have already stated their opinions in public blogs and groups with their names attached.
Peace, Love, Serenity and Adieu,Madeleine

To read the column Madeleine is responding to, visit:
http://southtexasrepublicans.com

No comments: