View My Stats

Monday, January 15, 2007

Dewar says "Republicrat" has a vendetta vs. Chair


Madeleine DeWar, Bexar County Democratic Party Executive Director & State Democratic Executive Committeewoman For Senate District 26 Issues Statement About "The Republicrat"

“Some of the information is obviously vendetta…”
How true.

None of the judges had any complaints and I’ve personally spoken to a number who have made it a point to compliment the job Carla is doing. If you care to know, Carla was very ill all New Year’s weekend.

Is she supposed to go to swearing in ceremonies and pass her flu to everyone else? Carla attends more functions than anyone else in Bexar County and that is in addition to a full time job, her regular Party functions and many evenings with other party duties.

Kind of makes your claim rather specious, no?

By the way, just when did Carla claim the Party was responsible for six judge’s success? The Party did make a difference this year, but she has never claimed the Party as THE reason for anyone’s success.

As for me, I attend very few functions of that nature. It isn’t that I don’t want to, it is that I put in a full week and have other commitments with a few of the Democratic clubs I belong to and support as well as my role as SD 26 Committeewoman.

It is a rare week that I don’t spend 50+ hours on Party pursuits. During the entire time I worked on John Courage’s campaign I only attended maybe three fundraisers. I have some health issues and I choose to use my time in less public ways.

Finally the “Word” about bringing three Democratic State Senators to the BCDW meeting next Monday is also incorrect as is the topic. She will be at the meeting to talk about the role of the Democratic Party in Bexar County and three SDEC Committeewomen will discuss the role of the SDEC. The 2006 election is over. We have been concentrating on 2008 since December and that’s where we will be spending our time and energies.

Again, I invite you to attend some of these functions and come down to headquarters to volunteer and see what really is going on.

Peace, Love and Serenity,
Madeleine Dewar

No comments: