View My Stats

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving from Senator Wendy Davis, 11-28

It's Thanksgiving, and we have so much to be thankful for. This year and every year, I'm thankful for my beautiful daughters Amber and Dru, the two greatest blessings in my life. I am especially thankful for the gift of my mom's continued presence in my life. Though she and my dad had been apart for many years prior to his passing this year, she and I will join my siblings and my girls in remembrance of the precious gift that was my dad.

His absence this year will make us each even more grateful for each other. Thanksgiving won't be the same without him at my doorstep, shaking off the cold and extolling the virtues of our meal's aroma.

My dad would no doubt join me in tremendous gratitude for each of you who have stepped up and joined Team Wendy over the last few months. We are building something incredible together, and I'm so grateful for your dedication and your tremendous support.

And like many of you, I'm thankful for Texas. The opportunities I had here made all the difference in my life. I had the chance to get an education. I had the support to turn years of hard work into a better life for myself and my family. If it weren’t for those opportunities, I certainly wouldn't be where I am today.

This year, I’m grateful for the chance to make sure the next generation of Texans has the same opportunities I had growing up. And, of course, I'm looking forward to the annual Thanksgiving tradition I share with my girls - making homemade turkey pot pies with winter vegetables from our leftover Thanksgiving turkey. We are blessed with the luxury of "leftovers." It is my hope to make that luxury a reality for every Texan.

On behalf of my entire family, have a safe and happy Thanksgiving.

Wendy Davis

State Senator

No comments: