View My Stats

Friday, November 05, 2010

Open Letter from Lt. Guv. nominee Linda Chavez-Thompson


Linda Chavez-Thompson (photo)

I’m reminded of my good friend Ann Richard’s words, “it’s not the end of the world; it’s just the end of the election.”


Despite the outcome, I wouldn’t have traded the experience for the world. I met so many people, and made so many friends. And more than anything, our campaign helped thousands of people get over their cynicism and take a stand for their families.


While they didn’t win the fight, they now know that they never have to fight alone. And that’s a special feeling.

It was an honor for me to stand by Bill White and the entire Democratic ticket. It’s always an honor to stand by my labor brothers and sisters. And it was a special honor seeing so many young people get involved.

None of us entered politics for the glory … we got involved to make a difference. That’s why I’m pretty confident that neither you or I are hanging up our gloves any time soon.

Newly elected Republicans are already talking about cutting health care for the least fortunate, and passing not just Voter ID, but Arizona type legislation. Education is on the chopping block as well.

But for the moment, it is time to take a breather and spend time with our families and reunite with old friends.

I know when I spend time with my grandkids, I’ll have some stories to share of courageous people who against all odds had the courage to do the right thing.

And for that, I’m eternally grateful.
Un abrazo fuerte,
Linda

No comments: