View My Stats

Friday, February 08, 2008

Ordinance to ban cell phone use in school zones


From Councilman Justin Rodriguez

Dear Friends,
This week, I authored and filed a memo to have city staff consider an ordinance to ban the use of handheld cell phones by drivers in school zones. Similar measures have passed in other Texas cities, including recently in Dallas.

While the proposed ordinance is in its early stages, and must still go through the committee process, I am hopeful that a majority of my council colleagues will find it in the best interest of our school children to proceed.

The issue should go in front of the full council sometime next month. Please click the link below to view a clip of the recent WOAI news story:

School Zone Cell Phone Ban

As always, I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Kindest regards,

Justin Rodriguez
Distrcit 7 Councilman

No comments: