View My Stats

Friday, November 20, 2015

Walker Report is Back, 11-20, Senator Uresti files for re-election

Contact: staff@carlosuresti.com
Phone: (210) 367-6736

Senator Carlos Uresti (D-San Antonio) filed paperwork to cement his bid for a fourth term representing District 19 in the Texas Senate. In just nine years, Uresti has risen in seniority to become the 12th ranking Senator, playing a key role on the Finance Committee, the Natural Resources and Economic Development Committee, and the Health and Human Services Committee.
 
“District 19 had a good legislative session as we’ve made strides in transportation funding, border security, assisted our veterans and their families—and, for the first time, south San Antonio will have a four-year university in Texas A&M San Antonio. 
 
“Today, much work remains. The Texans I meet throughout San Antonio and West Texas are hardworking and independent. They deserve a state government that is efficient, accessible and protects the opportunity and freedom to earn their share of the Texas Miracle," said Senator Carlos Uresti.
 
“My mother always told us 'Never forget where you came from' and she insisted that we had the power to make a meaningful difference. We just had to respect one another and be willing to work hard. While I lost my mother four years ago to the day, her spirit and wisdom live strong within me.
 
“I believe Texans in District 19 want a Senator who builds coalitions, seeks out solutions, and avoids the sort of partisan infighting that fuels a distaste for government in the minds of many. I’m running for re-election because I am that Senator. I’m running for reelection not to rest on what we’ve accomplished together over the years, but due to the hard work and challenges that remain," said Uresti.
 
.

No comments: