View My Stats

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

A Judge for Our Time, Probate Court, Barbara Scharf-Zeldes

Barbara Scharf-Zeldes
Announces Candidacy for
Probate Court One of Bexar County
 
San Antonio, Texas... Barbara "Barbie" Scharf-Zeldes (D) announced today that she is running for Judge of Probate Court One of Bexar County. Judge Polly Jackson Spencer (D) of Probate Court One has declared the end of her judicial term after 23 years of dedicated service to Bexar County.
 
Barbie, as many of her friends and supporters call her, said, "My dream of becoming a Probate Judge came alive almost 20 years ago. It is what I have prepared for, what I do and what I love: taking care of people. The staff and the attorneys who practice in this Court know me and trust me. They know I will bring the continuity of work ethic Judge Polly Jackson Spencer provided to the Court." Barbie states, "With 20 years of experience working in these courts, I know the law. I bring great respect for the litigants and attorneys and have the knowledge and experience required for the bench. I am not a wild card."
 
For the last 20 years, Barbie has been an attorney for San Antonio police officers, firefighters and their families, helping with legal matters in the areas of family and probate law. She has worked with thousands of families in crisis. She states, "I understand the dynamics of families under stress and I have the patience, sensitivity and desire to address their conflicts and concerns."
 
Barbie says, "I am also pleased to announce that I have designated my Treasurer, Mr. Doug Cross, prominent businessman and community leader. My finance committee is growing everyday with a strong arsenal of bi-partisan supporters. I will work tirelessly, leaving no stone unturned, to make my dream come true."
 
Barbie has earned an impressive record of public service as an advocate, civic and religious leader, participating in many of the organizations that shape San Antonio today. Among some of the positions she holds in San Antonio organizations are Chairman of the Board of Directors for the San Antonio Lighthouse for the Blind, President-Elect of Congregation Agudas Achim, member of the Rotary Club of San Antonio serving as a member of its Youth Education Foundation Board, Regional Alumni Co-Chair-Leadership Texas and has been designated as a Fellow of The College of the State Bar of Texas. She is also a published probate author and speaker for State Bar of Texas seminars. Barbie is the mother of two children and wife to Adam Zeldes, a San Antonio Police Detective.

No comments: