View My Stats

Thursday, April 01, 2010

Top Ten Movie Quotes of all time-character-actor-movie-yr.

1
"
Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."
Rhett Butler
Clark Gable
Gone with the Wind
1939
2
"I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse."
Don Vito Corleone
Marlon Brando
The Godfather
1972
3
"You don't understand! I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I could've been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am."
[2]
Terry Malloy
Marlon Brando
On the Waterfront
1954
4
"
Toto, I've got a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore." (Garland did not say "got".)
Dorothy Gale
Judy Garland
The Wizard of Oz
1939
5
"Here's looking at you, kid."
Rick Blaine
Humphrey Bogart
Casablanca
1942
6
"
Go ahead, make my day"
Harry Callahan
Clint Eastwood
Sudden Impact
1983
7
"All right,
Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up."[3]
Norma Desmond
Gloria Swanson
Sunset Boulevard
1950
8
"
May the Force be with you."
Han Solo
Harrison Ford
Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope
1977
9
"Fasten your
seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
Margo Channing
Bette Davis
All About Eve
1950
10
"
You talkin' to me?"

(#3 is the Editor's All-Time Favorite)

No comments: