View My Stats

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Numerous wise sayings of Ben Franklin (face on the 100 bill!)

Ben Frankin said among other things:


“We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.”

“Anyone who trades liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security.”

"I didn't fail the test, I just found 100 ways to do it wrong.”

“Some people die at 25 and aren't buried until 75.”

“The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself.”

“When in doubt, don't.”

“God helps those who help themselves.”

“In this world nothing is certain but death and taxes.”

“The nearest I can make it out, "Love your Enemies" means, "Hate your Friends.”

"To find out a girl's faults, praise her to her girl friends.”

"Three may keep a secret, if two of them are dead.”

“He that lies down with dogs, shall rise up with fleas.”

"Fish and visitors smell in three days.”

"I guess I don't so much mind being old, as I mind being fat and old.”

"If you would not be forgotton as soon as you are dead and rotten, Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing.”

"Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see.”

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance.”

“A penny saved is a penny earned.”

"Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise.”

"We must all hang together or most assuredly we will all hang separately.”

“Love your enemies, for they tell you your faults.”

"I wake up every morning at nine and grab for the morning paper. Then I look at the obituary page. If my name is not on it, I get up.”

"Having been poor is no shame, but being ashamed of it is.”

"God heals, and the Doctor takes the Fees.”

No comments: