View My Stats

Monday, July 28, 2008

Happy Birthday from a very proud father of a 7-year-old!


Sophia Rodriguez (photo)
7-year-old daughter of Kris

"My little pumpkin", she hates it when I call her that and asks me to call her "my little princess." I know it would be a waste of time to explain to her that I can't call her that because that reminds me of Robert Young in "Father Knows Best", the way he referred to Katie, his daughter.

At least I think that was her name, it's been too long for me to accurately recall. No, Sophia is, will, and forever will be "my little pumpkin" in my eyes. Ever since I saw her cherubic red cheeks in the pumpkin outfit we bought for her to wear on her first Halloween, she forever earned the moniker as daddy's little pumpkin.

What I did to deserve a beautiful, intelligent, kind-hearted andmost-loving daughter in the world, I'll never know. It pains me to hear her say that she wished her mommy and daddy were still together, because that can never be. However, great pride does fill my heart when I hear people comment how great she is in the classroom helping the other students that they wished they had more like her.

I'm amazed when I see her new "look" to know that she cut her shoulder length hair to give to "Locks of Love" to help out children facing complications as they battle cancer. Sophia's world ahead excites me as I get to receive a first-hand look to see what she will accomplish in her lifetime and the person she will become.

Yet even though her future is so bright, I am still hesitant to see her to grow up toof ast. For from that day I saw her in that hospital delivery room seven years ago, I knew my life would never be the same with this new little"seed" in my world to help nurture and grow. So it's hard for me to fathom that "my little pumpkin" turns seven today.

Happy Birthday Sophia Leigh Rodriguez, your Daddy, Mommy and family love you very much and hope you have a great time enjoying your very special day.

Kris Rodriguez

Editor's Note: As the proud grandfather of two granddaughters, "Happy 7th Birthday Sophia!

Steve Walker
Walker Report Publisher

No comments: