View My Stats

Wednesday, May 08, 2019

La Prensa Texas Vice President Yvette Tello poses with columnist

La Prensa Texas writer of "Just a Thought,"a column covering the Hispanic community & all their accomplishments in the Alamo City, poses with La Prensa Texas VP Yvette Tello who along with Editor Roxane Eguia, & Publisher Steve Duran determine what issues will be covered such as  education, immigration, poverty and high lighting the Hispanic movers and shakers in San Antonio. Some of those students I saw in my truancy court as a JP.! As far as I have been told (since I keep up with many) most of them mended their ways and are doing great things.

Trust me we will never run out of those Hispanics who make our city better. Fortunately I have also had the honor to have taught many of them in the Hispanic community. (over 26 years when they were still in High School as well as Middle School. & Elementary.) 

Can you say La Memorial, La Techla  migrant children in the Southside & some in Southwest ISD?  Now Some of them are now Judges, Lawyers, a school board member, well respected business people and a number of teachers as well.

For the last 8 years I have had the honor of writing "All things Hispanic," and taking photos of lots of Hispanics. "Just a Thought"  ain't going no where but on the pages of La Prensa Texas.

No comments: