View My Stats

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

A perspective of Presidential hopeful Dennis Kucinich


Dennis Kucinich (photo)
by Gore Vidal

For the past two years I've been crisscrossing the United States speaking to crowds of people about our history and politics.

At the same time, would-be Presidents of the greatest nation in the country, as silver-tongued Spiro Agnew used to say, have been crowding the trail, while TV journalists sadly shake their heads at how savage the politicos have become in their language.

But then, it is the task of TV journalists to foment quarrels where often none properly exist.

As I pass through the stage door of one auditorium after another, I now hear the ominous name of Darth Vader, as edgy audiences shudder at the horrible direction our political discourse has taken. Ever eager as I am to shed light, I sometimes drop the name of the least publicized applicant to the creaky throne of the West: Dennis Kucinich.

It takes a moment for the name to sink in.


Click on link for the rest of the story.
http://www.pacificfreepress.com/content/view/1913/81/

No comments: