View My Stats

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Sierra Club endorses candidate Rey De Los Santos




Rey De Los Santos (photo)
District 10 candidate

The Sierra Club has endorsed Rey De Los Santos for District 10.

“We as a City cannot have strong economy without a clean and protected environment,” said De Los Santos.

De Los Santos message:

I would like to thank everyone who has taken an active role and provided support in our District 10 campaign. Our endeavor to establish a long-term vision and remove the special interest in our City is long but over. We are a grassroots campaign without special interest money.

My concern is for the future of our district to include the preservation of our aquifer, emphasising basic drainage and park infrastructure, pursuing a multi-purpose senior center, Naco/Perrin Beitel Revitalization and controlling the unchecked development on the Northern parts of San Antonio.

I am running for the district in order to provide an open ear for all members of our community and not only special interest. I am true to this cause and that is why over 90% of our campaign funding has come from my own personal resources because communities are my only special interest.

The first thing I promise is access for all. Please do not hesitate to contact me on my cellular at (210) 389-7810, so your voice and concerns can be heard. Let’s work together to remove the special interest persuasion out of our District and lets make our future bright under leadership with a vision.

Please remember Early voting begins April 30th.

No comments: