Steve Walker (photo)
Editor, Walker Report
The Walker Report just posted for the 1,300th time, and boy am I tired! We also hit 30,000 hits as of yesterday since January 10th when we put a sitemeter on the blog. Who knows how many visits we had before then. Can you say, "milestone?"
The Walker Report is moving right along. We are everywhere. We will cover the opening of a coke bottle if people show up! We have covered military, community, political (both parties & non-partisan) religious, educational, entertainment and who knows what next? Let us know and we will post it. Everybody is welcome. No personal attacks on anyone.
Always remembering that Walker Report is primarily a political blog, we are continually expanding and diversifying as we speak. Media views us as well as elected officials. KTSA's Chris Duel has us linked on his website as does Editor & Publisher Kathy Clay-Little on her African-American Reflections and of course publisher R.G. Griffing on his San Antonio Lightning. Can you say "diversity?"
Here is a recap of just some of the people, activities or events we have covered just this year.
- Former President Bill Clinton, Senators Hillary Clinton, John McCain, Charles Schumer, Ken Salazar & Robert Menendez, Congressmen Ciro Rodriguez, Charlie Gonzalez, Steny Hoyer, Nick Lamson, Sylvestre Reyes, other Presidential candidates Gov. Bill Richardson, Senator John Edwards, Mayor Rudy Guiliani
- Art-opening of the Smithsonian museum Museo de Alameda, Sculpture Dominion, SAMA exhibit featuring Fernando Botero, Fiesta related events
- Casa Navarro, UTSA Downtown & 1604 campus, SAISD related stories, (Agnes Cotton Elementary) Harlandale ISD postings, (dedication of Adams Elementary & Board) Memorial Day honoring military, numerous Generals featured, full coverage of the opening of the Center for the Intrepid at Brooke Army Medical Center (BAMC)
- City Council races, future candidates for Congress & Sheriff
- and of course my favorite unbiased postings on-Red Light Cameras in Balcones Heights!!
We are looking to continue to cover every event possible and every day people, especially those that mainstream media sometimes forgets. We didn't get named second best blog in San Antonio for nothing. Next year we hope to be #1.
Steve Walker, Walker Report Editor