View My Stats

Monday, May 21, 2007

Quico Canseco declares his candidacy for Congress
















































L-R: District 23 Congressional candidate Quico Canseco & wife & youngest son, Quico, Editor of the South Texas Republican Newsletter Joe Solis & wife, kids, Alamo Republican Women Chapter President Freida Wright, supporters, Omni Hotel

Quico Canseco officially declared his candidacy for the Republican nomination for the Congressional District 23 seat currently held by Democratic Congressman Ciro Rodriguez.

Canseco said in his 20 mintue speech before over a hundred supporters at the Omni Hotel near the Colonnade at Wurzbach Road, "I have asked my friends, my family and my fellow Republicans to join with me as I make official my campaign for the Republican nomination for the United State Congress here in the 23rd Congressional District of Texas."

He went on to say, "with God's favor, the trust of the people of South Texas....we will take back the 23rd from Washington D.C. liberals and selfish special interests and return it to the people who live, work, raise their families, and pay their taxes here..."

No comments: