View My Stats

Friday, May 18, 2007

Catherine Stone to run for Chief Justice-4th Court


I would like to take this time to do two things. First I would like to congratulate Chief Justice Alma Lopez for her tenure on the 4th Court of Appeals. Chief Lopez has performed admirably and with passion. She has served the community well.

The other thing I would like to do is to let everyone know that Justice Catherine Stone (photo) will be seeking the Democratic nomination for Chief Justice on the 4th Court of Appeals. Justice Stone is the most qualified person in the 32 county jurisdiction of the 4th court. Justice Catherine Stone has 13 years of appellate law and 13 years as Justice on the 4th court of appeals. Her integrity, morals, and ethics are above reproach. She is an outstanding Judge and a wonderful mom.

It is my humble opinion that Justice Catherine Stone is unbeatable. I have heard rumors that some folks might want to challenge her in the Democratic Primary. These folks think they have demographics on their side. Whatever happened to electing the best person for the job. If anyone knows or hears about anyone other than Justice Catherine Stone running for this seat please let me know. It would also be appreciated by myself if you would discourage anyone from wasting their time and money running against Justice Catherine Stone. There will be other opportunities for folks to run. Save this spot for the person most qualified to win this seat, Justice Catherine Stone.

Tracy Joseph Bogert, Chairman
San Antonio Democratic League (SADL)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If Catherine Stone is the most qualified candidate for the job, then she will have no problem winning the nomination. From what I know of Ms. Stone, she is. However I do believe in an open democratic process, if other people feel they can win the nomination, I would not discourage them from running. Open elections are a part of living in a democracy and in being a Democrat. I may be wrong, but that is just my opinion.