View My Stats

Thursday, May 10, 2018

Walker Report Editor & former Judge Steve Walker's Kid Cave

Walker's "Kid Cave" in the new house in Helotes

1. Kid Cave sign on door, 
2. Carricatures of me over the years, 
3.TV reporter in Abilene with my "fro" in 82, 
4. Career day as Judge with elementary students, 
5. President of the Jaycees in 81-82, 
6. Elementary students Career Day, 
7. Honored by "Inspiration for Life" 
for community service in 2017, 
8. American Daughters of the Revolution 
honored me for Viet Nam Service, March 2018, 
9. Me as a kid, me as young man & serving at 
the Pentagon for Desert Storm, 
10. Voice of Veterans lauding me 
for my Army Service, 
11. Swearing in as a Balcones Heights 
Councilman by then San Antonio 
Mayor Phil Hardeberger, 
12. Posing with Constable Pct. 1 Ruben Tejeda 
 & Congressman Charlie Gonzalez, 
13. Vallely Hi Elementary Career Day thank you, 
14. 80 hours of Justice of the Peace 
training certificate, 
15. Justice of the Peace Seminar, 
16. Elementary appreciation certificate 
for Career Day 
17. 1936 antique typewriter, 
18. Veterans Day in Business participation, 
19. Veterans Business Day proclamation 
by SA Mayor Julian Castro, 
20. Veterans appreciation declaration, 
21. American Legion letter, 
22. Swearing in verification signed and sworn in
 by Chief Justice Catherine Stone, 
the 4th of Court of Appeals, 
23. A clock I brought back from Germany 
while doing a short tour in 1979, 
24. Could' not resist my childhood fantasy
25. Media passes used for San Antonio 
events to include Fiesta & MLK March, 
26. My deceased mother, (2002
27. Old Walker Report press pass, 
28. Voted Ugliest Man on Campus 
(raising money for athletic scholarships) @ 
Texas Wesleyan College (now University) 
29. At the Pentagon for Desert Storm in the 
Public Affairs Office for 6 months,
 29. Me in Paris volunteering for the 
Shakespeare  & Company 
Bookstore near Notre Dame Church, 1980 
30/31/32 knicknacks in the Kid Cave, 
33. Mediation training certificates from the 
Bexar County Resolution Center @ the 
Bexar County Courthouse, (90 hours training)
34. In the capital in Austin for a session, 
35. An old carriacture of me, 
36. My mother Dorothy Eileen 
Diehl (Walker) & 
her Grandparents from Germany, 
37. Constitution paperback I kept on
 hand in my courtroom, 
38. My mother-in-law (deceased) Beryl Wolff
drawing in college in 1948, 
39. proclamation by city, 
40 more press passes,  
41. My family many years ago, 
42. Wedding photos of Linda 
and me, in 1999, 
43. My courtroom (Pct. 2) on Gulibeau 
from 2009-2012

No comments: