View My Stats

Friday, September 05, 2014

Walker Report Editor & Former Judge Steve Walker is 68, 9-5

As of today, September 5th I am now officially 68 years old. In the words of New York Yankee Outfielder Mickey Mantle, "If I knew I would live this long I would have taken better care of myself!"

Famous People who share my birthday include: Outlaw Jesse James, Comedian Bob Newhart, Traitor Benedict Arnold, singer Carol Lawrence, & actress & sex symbol Raquel Welsh, actor Michael Keaton, lead singer Freddie Mercury from Queen, & Composer Johann Sebastian Bach!!!

September 5th, 1972 during the Olympic Games in Munich, 11 Israeli Athletes were killed by Palestinian Terrorists ("Black September") during the competition. I was there attending those games after a visit to Israel to meet a cousin who survived a concentration camp in Nazi Germany during WWII.

I floated down the Nile on my 34th Birthday!! Saw King Tut's tomb. Celebrated my 24th Birthday in Viet Nam, 25th in Paris, 26th in Munich.

Trivia: The first & second Labor Days celebrated in America were September 5th, 1882 & 1883 before they eventually were celebrated the 1st Monday of September. I celebrated my 65th birthday on Labor Day, 2011.

For historical buffs, in 1836 Sam Houston was elected President of the Republic of Texas on September 5th. Who knew? In 1666 the Great Fire of London ended & in 1774 the First Continental Congress assembles in Philadelphia.

Historical day to say the least when at 4:36 a.m. September 5th 1946, I discovered America!!!!

No comments: