View My Stats

Monday, February 24, 2014

A Message from Judge Tina Torres up for re-election, 2-24


Growing up in the Torres household, election time always equated to excitement.
 For as long as I can remember, my brothers and sister were encouraged to discuss issues and ideals, politics and policy at the dinner table (and anywhere else for that matter)!
 From the day we each turned 18 (and even before then), my parents spoke to my siblings and me about the importance of voting, directing us that we'd need to register to vote as soon as we turned 18.
 Then, once early voting started every election cycle, Mom and Dad began "the push" -- "Have you voted yet?" Until either of them got a "yes," the campaign continued, "Have you voted yet?"
 To this day, Mom still urges, "Have you voted yet?" once any election cycle opens.
 Both of my parents (who were the first in their families to graduate from college); who lived through the civil rights movement and fought for their own and others' civil rights; who, in their lifetimes, experienced the difference policies and people can make, rooted in our family the importance of participating in the electoral process.
 Now, every election cycle, I find myself asking my family, friends, and others "Have you voted yet?"
 Early voting hours for Monday, February 24 through Friday, February 28 are 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. at the following polling locations: 
Have a great week -- see you at the polls!
 
Tina sig



Judge Tina Torres

No comments: