View My Stats

Thursday, June 29, 2006

SDEC3 Dennis Teal speaks about Glen Maxey

By Dennis Teal
SDEC3

Friends:
I read Rep. Maxey's post and find myself in agreement with his conclusion. Ya Basta! Our election for Party Chair raised many issues of great importance to each Democrat and to the Party. To that end, it was a useful process within our Party.

Each of the major candidates: Glen Maxey, Boyd Richie and Charlie Jones are all honorable men who have served this Party well over a long period of time. Although, my support did not fall to Rep. Maxey, there should be no doubt that he has been of great benefit to this Party over the years. Each candidate conducted not only good campaigns but great campaigns. The fact is, the vote is over.

Even with great disappointment, Glen brought himself to the stage and reported for duty to help the Texas Democratic Party any way possible as did Charlie Jones. Glen will forever have my respect for yet another great moment he has given our Party.

I believe Rep. Maxey will do what he has always done, his best, for the Texas Democratic party. Irrespective which candidate each of you may have supported, the election isover.

Glen Maxey, Boyd Richie and Charlie Jones are my friends and they are a friend to each of you; we are all Democrats. Now, let's all work together to beat the Republicans. Ya Basta!

No comments: