View My Stats

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Walker Report hits another milestone by posting for the 800th time, all walks of life, since the inception in June 2006





















Steve Walker (photo)
Walker Report Editor


After 800 posts on Walker Report, we are still going strong and getting stronger. It is amazing how far we have come since June 16, 2006. Over 10-thousand photos taken (not all posted) since I acquired a little 4-pixel camera which before its demise (over worked!) captured images of President Bill Clinton and numerous dignitaries and elected officials from around Bexar County. We are also closing in on 9-thousand hits on the blog just since January 10th of this year.

For those of you who have been keeping up with the Walker Report since its inception, you know that the Walker Report is slowly evolving into more than just a Democratic political blog. As we move toward inclusion, non-partisan and bi-partisan events, the lines will begin to blur somewhat. (more photos, less rhetoric) We are also mutually linking to other political outlets who may or may not agree with our political philosophy. We want everybody to read the Walker Report!

Even the media reads the Walker Report since we have scooped them on more than one occasion. They are also part of the stories we cover.

As a teacher, (now retired) I was instilled with the notion that I could make a difference in my students lives. The Walker Report is an extension of that desire to make a difference. To me it is all about promoting and encouraging people who do good works and in their own way, "make a difference."

Here is the opportunity to do just that. At the top of the blog my email is listed as well as the bottom of this article. If you are involved (or hear about) in community events, political events or even church related events that make a difference in people's lives and want to promote those events, email me the information and I will attempt to not only promote the event it, but time willing, cover it if I am available.

You can always send me jpeg photos (preferably closeup photos) to post of your event if I am unable to attend. I will put your byline on the photos as well. I can't be at three places at once although I have tried!

Lastly, I am receiving inquiries from people who would like to place a small ad on the Walker Report to promote their businesses. As you can see, we have posted three ads already. If you are interested, contact me at
misterbalconesheights@yahoo.com and let's talk.

Having said all that, tell your friends and family and anybody you bump into on the street about the Walker Report. Remember the link is :
http://www.walkerreport.blogspot.com.

Steve Walker
Walker Report Editor
a.k.a. Balcones Heights Councilman

No comments: