View My Stats

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Walker Report records 15-thousand hits on blog since Jan. 1oth and over 900 postings to date


The Walker Report has hit a couple of new milestones. Since January 10th, the site meter at the bottom of the blog has registered 15-thousand hits. People are reading the Walker Report in record numbers. We have also posted nearly 950 times since last June.

Numerous media types check out the Walker Report on a daily basis to see if we scooped them on breaking news. Elected officials and candidates from all sides of the political spectrum also read the Walker Report frequently.

Now that the city council races are the buzz, candidates are keeping tabs on their opponents and trying to get posted more on the Walker Report than the opposition.

Since Walker Report offers every candidate equal time and coverage for any race, the push for publicity is on. If candidates don't get posted here it is because they chose not to get posted or haven't sent me information to promote their campaign.

Since we have expanded to covering all kinds of political, religious and community events, more people are interested in checking us out. This blog is about people. We don't get bogged down on specific political issues, (right or left) we just take photos of those people at those events and give you some basic details on where it happened, when it happened and maybe why it happened. The Walker Report is informational. Think of me as media since I cover the media while they are covering you!

As a militarily trained, broadcast, print, photojournalist, I was taught to let the photos tell the story and just get out of the way if all possible. Many of our photos don't have a name to go with the photo. Taking so many photos I don't always know the person I photograph. If you log on and see a photo without an identification, feel free to email me at misterbalconesheights@yahoo.com

and tell me who it is. I can always go back and edit the name in. If you see words or names that are not spelled correctly, again email me and let me know. Everyone makes mistakes.

Business people and political people are asking if I sell ads. We are in the process of looking into that. Bear with me, that is coming soon with detailed information.

Quickly approaching the 1-thousand time to post, we forsee many more diverse postings and certainly some fun postings as well.

Keep reading Walker Report.


Steve Walker
Walker Report Editor
a.k.a. Balcones Heights Councilman

No comments: