View My Stats

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Republican Sheriff candidate reiterates his views on DWI




Chris Milam (photo)
Sheriff candidate
Republican Primary

Drunk and Dangerous on San Antonio Roads Category: News and Politics


I, as a Police Officer, Father and Grandfather am appalled at the cost to innocent life our community endures due to drunk driving. San Antonio has the unfortunate distinction of being the seventh most dangerous city in which to drive, this is due in part to the increasing violations of our laws by drunk drivers. My plan is to take back our streets and highways from those who have given us this unfortunate title.

As Sheriff of Bexar County I, Chris Milam, intend to send a message to the public that drunk driving, which kills and maims our children and families, is not acceptable in this County and will not be tolerated.

I vow to protect the lives of the citizens in Bexar County against the irresponsible behavior of the few. For those who continue to drink and drive under my watch as Sheriff, you need to know, I will be watching for you and when you are caught every sanction available by law will be used against you. "I will take your car and your freedom; I will have a bed waiting for you in my jail."

Plans to fund this effort will be through available Federal Drunk Driving Grants and Highway Transportation monies. It is time to make it costly to drive drunk in Bexar County.

As your Sheriff of Bexar County I will have a message for drunk drivers:"If you drink and then drive you will be going to jail and you will receive the maximum penalty available to me for this violation of our laws."

Chris Milam
Sheriff candidate

No comments: