View My Stats

Monday, April 16, 2007

SAL's R.G. Griffing nearly bites the proverbial bullet


By R.G. Griffing (photo)
San Antonio Lightning Editor


SAL headline: Mayoral candidate and San Antonio Lightning Editor R.G. Griffing Comes Close To Cashing In His Chips, Hospitalized with Acute Anemia


For those who have wondered why the Lightning has not been updated, it's because on Easter weekend I collapsed from acute anemia.

Doctor's had to give me 6 pints of blood, which is okay. I had a coupon. Seriously, after almost 8 years of publishing the Lightning, day in and day out, it just got to me.
* * *
On Wednesday of this week, Mayor Hardberger, Patrick McCurdy and I will hold the first debate of the campaign.

For myself, I will be a one-trick-pony. I will focus on the absurd bond election, which we discovered is actually $1.1 Billion, and the terrible taxation that plagues the City. We will endeavor to record the proceedings and post them here in the Lightning.
* * *
Debate:

10:30 a.m.- 11 a.m.

Destiny Church, 8635 Callaghan Rd, San Antonio, 78230 -(210) 349-2295


Walker Report Editor's Note: We are glad you are back, R.G. to give them hell!

No comments: