View My Stats

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Jim McGrody suspends congressional campaign


Jim McGrody (photo)

Campaign Suspended!

Over the past few months The Jim McGrody for Congress Campaign has been working hard to establish a base of support for its efforts to win the nomination of the Republican Party for Texas Congressional District 23.

To some extent, the campaign has met with success.

However, it has become perfectly clear that in order to win this nomination, a candidate has to win Bexar County. Well, the reality of the matter is that Bexar County is "on hold" until a certain potential candidate, Mr. Lyle Larson, officially declares his intent and I sense that, pending that announcement, continued campaign efforts on my part would merely be "treading water".

Therefore, I have decided to suspend my campaign efforts until Mr. Larson declares his intentions. I shall also return all campaign contributions to date.

If Mr. Larson decides to run I will officially terminate my campaign and fully support his efforts. I will encourage my supporters to support him as well. I will do so because I believe that Mr. Larson's particular set of experiences as an elected official makes him the best candidate for the Republican ticket.

If, however, Mr. Larson chooses not to run - or, if exigent political events so warrant - I will consider my options at such time. I am proud of my campaign efforts to date as I have remained true to my pledge to run a positive, ethical and respectful campaign.

My wife and I are appreciative of the many kindnesses afforded to us along the campaign trail. I look forward to Mr. Larson's decision.

No comments: