View My Stats

Monday, February 16, 2009

State Rep. Trey Martinez Fischer appointed to committees


Trey Martinez Fischer (photo)
State Rep. 116

At long last we have Committee Assignments!

Speaker of the House, Joe Straus, appointed me to 3 committees: Insurance, Natural Resources and Local and Consent Calendars. I was proud to be appointed to such influential Committees that allow me to serve the people of San Antonio and have an impact across the State.

Insurance (Vice Chairman):
This committee is very important across the state and here in the 116. With USAA residing in the District, I am happy the Speaker has given San Antonio a seat at the table. The committee will be in a position to restructure Texas Windstorm Insurance to help those affected by Hurricane Ike, as well as help with the ever-escalating premiums on individual insurance. I am proud that I have been entrusted with such a huge responsibility and leadership opportunity.

Natural Resources:
This is another very important committee for San Antonio and the state. Here in San Antonio, our highest priority is the future long-term sustainability of our water resources which is based on conservation and smart planning. I am grateful to be San Antonio's voice on this committee and I will protect ratepayers by making strategic decisions on the future of SAWS, BexarMet, San Antonio River Authority and the Edwards Aquifer Authority.

Local and Consent Calendars:
This committee sets the agenda on what local bills are eligible to be considered on the House Floor.

Here is a link to the complete list of Committee Assignments. I was incredibly proud that the Speaker appointed nine members of the Mexican American Legislative Caucus (MALC) to Chairmanships.

Now that we have Committee Assignments, work here at the Capitol is about to get very fast paced. Every week, I look forward to giving you updates about how my legislation is progressing through the House. In the meantime, if you have a questions or ideas about a specific piece of legislation, please call.

As always please don't hesitate to contact my office-- whether by email, Facebook or my toll-free telephone number (1.866.845.7777)--if you have any questions, concerns or comments. I work for you and it is my privilege to be your voice in Austin.

Sincerely,
Trey Martinez Fischer
State Rep.

No comments: