View My Stats

Sunday, April 05, 2009

USSA hosts a District 8 Council candidate Forum, 4-3






L-R: District 8 Council candidates Melissa Martinez-Carrasco, Reed Williams, Jody Sherill, Jacob Dell

April 3rd, USAA hosted its own San Antonio City Council District 8 Forum and it was attended by all the Candidates except Juan Davila. Melissa Martinez-Carrasco, Jody Sherrill, Jacob Dell, Mike Berlanga and Reed Williams attended and they worked the crowd early.

The District 8 Forum at USAA was very organized and had a huge turn-out. I would say around 200 people well in attendance. USAA knows how to host a forum and it was amazing. They have a true Political Action Committee that is well organized and many would have loved to have been a part of the special event. No media or recording video cameras were allowed.

Sixty seconds was all the Candidates had to answer the six questions asked of them. They were asked about Camp Bullis, Transportation, 3 Top Issues, Water System, Budget and Education. I would have to say if I had to vote I would have voted for Melissa Martinez-Carrasco because she was not so rehearsed and she seemed like the only one that drank her coffee that morning.

The forum was held at 8:30 in the morning and the Candidates had assigned parking. I thought that was a class act on behalf of USAA. The men sounded all the same and Melissa, well, she just kept it simple and to the point.

Melissa got a laugh out of the crowd because she said "by voting for me you don't lose because I will have the other Candidates on speed dial." I believe the choice is up to you and your beliefs, so choose at your own risk.

I chose Melissa and by the way, her site is http://www.ElectMelissa.com
so you can see her at other forums stealing the show! I want someone who demands attention for my District. Who will you choose?
George Peters

1 comment:

www.ElectMelissa.com said...

Melissa Martinez-Carrasco is growing into a power player! Go Melissa Go!