View My Stats

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A message from Council candidate Elena Guajardo


Council candidate Elena Guajardo @ Earth Day

I am so encouraged by all the support I am receiving as we block-walk up and down the District. The message I am hearing is we need Elena back on Council.

We had a full week of activities ranging from block-walking, attending two neighborhood coffee's in the Braun Station neighborhood and finishing up the weekend by attending Fiesta events. I heard a variety of conversations from I am glad you are running again, to I did not vote for you last election but Elena you have our Vote now!

At one stop there was a group of about 30 women having a Tupperware party. Once finding out who was at the door, they invited me in. I left the party handing out 17 signs and signing up block-walking volunteers.

That is what's keeping this campaign going, the support from you. Attending Earth Day and St.Mary's University Oyster Bake was so encouraging. I was enjoying the festivities and people would come up to me and say "you're Elena and we are voting for you."

We have knocked on over 16,347 doors through out the District. The support and
kindness shown to me and my volunteers is overwhelming. People continue to say "we need Elena back." Well friends I am ready to serve you again.

With Early Voting starting April 27th, I will still continue to need your help to Victory on May 9th. If you would like to phone bank, block-walk or work an election poll site, please call me at 778-9700 to volunteer.

As I said before, I could not have done this without your help and prayers. But I still need your help, I need your vote on May 9th to bring back you're voice to City Hall.

Have a safe and sober Fiesta!
Viva District 7!

Sincerely,
Elena Guajardo

No comments: