View My Stats

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A Thank You to the voters of District 7 from Robert Garibay


Robert Garibay (photo)
former District 7 Council candidate

The 2009 elections have been decided, and we finally know who will lead us these next two years. I want to congratulate Mayor Elect Julian Castro on his victory. I would also like to congratulate Councilman Justin Rodriguez on his re-election.

Unfortunately I did not win this time around, but I want all of you to know that I appreciate all of your support. I want to give thanks to my mom who without none of this could have been possible. I want to thank Ameen Al-Bahloly who helped me every step of the way, and I want to thank all of my supporters for supporting me in this endeavor.

The 2009 election has come and gone and now we must look toward the future. I want to let Councilman Rodriguez know that he has my support in his final two years and I wish him the best. As we look toward the future we must look toward strengthening District 7 and San Antonio.

So I will continue to work with District 7 as we move forward. I will continue to attend Neighborhood meetings, and I will continue to be a strong voice in District 7. As I move forward I will be looking toward the year 2011 where I will run for the District 7 City Council seat again.

I know that by the year 2011 I will have built an even stronger relationship with the District 7 residents, and I will have the support necessary to be the next leader in District 7.

So I leave you with this, whether you supported Elena Guajardo, or Robert Garibay, I ask you to join with me, join with Elena, join with your neighbors, and join with Councilman Rodriguez so that we can work toward a better tomorrow for San Antonio and District 7.

Robert Garibay

No comments: