View My Stats

Sunday, May 03, 2009

A messsage from Dr. Lorena Gonzalez, NISD Board candidate

A Message From
Dr. Lorena Gonzalez for NISD District 6
www.votedrgonzalez.com

The research is clear...when there is a partnership between parents and schools, who support and encourage children’s learning and development; there is a positive effect on children, families, and schools.


As a parent of three children, who graduated from Clark High School, I partnered with many wonderful teachers who were crucial to their eventual success.

I honor our NISD teachers! Their commitment and passion for our children is inspiring. This past weekend NISD teachers hosted a ‘Get to Know Dr. Gonzalez’ coffee mixer. I was moved by their innovative ideas and their dreams for our children. One young, male teacher shared his resolve to be a role model for so many young boys and I have no doubt that he will continue to be held in high esteem.

I ask you to think about that special teacher who impacted your life. What were their inspiring words that helped you succeed? Today as you go on with your day, thank a teacher. If you can remember that special teacher they have done a great job.

No comments: