View My Stats

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Looking forward to Luminaria 09 by Walker Report Blogger

The Say-Town Lowdown
Looking forward to Luminaria ’09

By Joe Solis
On March 15, I attended the first “Luminaria: Arts Night in San Antonio” with my family. The “citywide celebration” featured performances and art displays at the Magik Theatre, Artpace, and AnArte Gallery among a total of 55 participating locations. We attended the evening festival downtown.

I’m not an art expert or a member of the cultural elite. I’m just a small business owner and father of two who’d rather have his children attend breathtaking museum openings, like the recently reopened Greek and Roman Galleries at the San Antonio Museum of Art rather than Disney’s High School Musical on ice. My impression is that Luminaria was designed for people like me, regular folk.

See rest of story by clicking the link.

http://www.sacurrent.com/news/story.asp?id=68413

No comments: