View My Stats

Friday, October 20, 2006

A message from Barbie Scharf-Zeldes


Barbie Scharf-Zeldes (photo)
Judicial candidate for Probate Court #2


With only 18 days till Election Day on November 7th, my campaign for Probate Court #2 is gearing up for its final push towards victory. Because of your involvement we are now considered one of the top tier judicial races in the County.I have worked tirelessly to touch as many voters as possible.

We have reached over 8,000 households during our weekend block walks. We have built tremendous support among many diverse communities in San Antonio: Democrat AND Republican; Business AND Labor, etc. Because of this campaign’s pioneering use of the DeafLink technology at www.VoteForBarbie.com we have been able to reach out to a group long neglected by political campaigns and the great responses continue to come in from around the state, the nation and, yes, even the world.

This is crunch time! With only 18 days until Election Day I will continue to put in 18 hour days to reach as many voters as possible. But in a county with over 1.5 million people I will never be able to reach them on my own. The final fundraising deadline is only 7 days away and I need your help. Here is a brief list of the necessary expenditures that I will have to raise money to pay for:
$3,100 for Get Out the Vote Expenditures
$2,800 for Get Out the Vote phone calls
$12,500 for radio advertisements

Please make a secure, online contribution of $36, $50, $100 or more today.
In total, the campaign needs to raise over $18,000 before the end of fundraising on October 27th. We will win if we can reach this goal. I need your help to get there. I am committed to doing everything it takes to win this race.


Unfortunately, so is my opponent. He has recently leveled his negative attacks against me with a large radio ad buy. He’s scared. He has even stooped to intimidating my supporters who practice in his court.

Can I count on your continued support in the form of a secure, online contribution of $36, $50 or more today to help me respond to the negative attacks made by my opponent?

With your help we can cross the finish line together and win. Thank you again for your continued support.
Very truly yours,

Barbie Scharf-Zeldes

No comments: