View My Stats

Monday, October 16, 2006

Julian Castro endorses Albert Uresti for Congress



Albert Uresti (photo)
Candidate for Congressional District 23













Former San Antonio City Councilman and 2005 mayoral candidate Julián Castro today announced his support for Albert Uresti, candidate for the 23rd Congressional District.

"I am proud to announce my support for Albert Uresti for the United States Congress in District 23. More than at any other time in this generation, America needs true leaders in the halls of Congress. Albert Uresti is a true leader who understands well the concerns of District 23 residents.

"As a firefighter, a paramedic and a youth coach, Albert has dedicated more than two decades of his life to serving the residents of District 23. Albert’s leadership and integrity will be a positive change in representation for District 23," Castro stated.

"Those who know Albert understand that he is hardworking, driven and able to represent not only San Antonio, but west Texas as well," Castro said, "and I expect that he will make the residents of District 23 very proud."

"I am very pleased to receive and accept the endorsement of Mr. Julián Castro. Julián is a respected leader in this community, and I look forward to working with him in the future. Mr. Castro’s endorsement shows that our campaign has always been a viable one and is gaining more and more momentum," states Uresti.

"I am honored that Julián would choose to endorse me out of the eight candidates running for Congress in District 23. Julián understands that I have lived in District 23 for over 30 years and have dedicated my life to it.
Julián also knows that I will work hard for the citizens in our community," states Uresti, a retired San Antonio Fire Department District Chief and brother of State Representative Carlos Uresti.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does it matter? Julian doesn't live in the 23rd District. He should be concerned with his brother's race, as its workers are tearing up property.

Anonymous said...

Ditto!