View My Stats

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

BCDPNews apologizes for unauthorized posting


Steve Walker (photo)
BCDPNews Editor









The following is a response to R.G. Griffing, Editor of the SA Lightning on his request for an apology for posting a SAL Commentary by T.J. Connolly on this website without posting Connolly's name and editing down the commentary.

Dear R.G. Griffing:

This letter is in response to your demand for an apology for posting an edited version of a T.J. Connolly San Antonio Lightning Commentary on the BCDPNews on the Bexar County Democratic Party website. That website is www.bexardemocrats.org.

As Editor of the BCDPNews, let me express my humblest apology for posting your copyrighted material on our blog without asking your permission first.

The intent of the editing was to condense it for space and specific information that T. J. was writing about, and never meant to alter the commentary in any way.

In the past, I had posted another of T.J. Connolly’s commentary and photo and it ran for better than a week until a Democrat complained that I was promoting a Republican. I deleted it because it offended one of our party members.

I posted this one without his photo or name but gave attribution to where it came from, the San Antonio Lightning so as not to offend any Democrat who didn’t like the fact that I posted a specific Republican voice.

Now apparently I have offended you by not running the commentary in its entirety.

I guess in my desire to present diversity to my readers, (Republican & Democratic voices) I have incurred the wrath of both the left and the right.

My official apology statement reads: “I apologize for false and unlawful alteration to the San Antonio Lightning document alluded to her.”

I take full responsibility for the gaffe. It should in no way reflect on the Bexar County Democratic Party, Party Chair Carla Vela, or anyone else but me.

Please accept my apology.

Steve Walker
BCDPNews Editor


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You edited the article for content. That's very apparent. RG has the original and your version on his site. This makes you - and the Bexar County Democrats - look pretty bad.

You may want to turn down the sarcasm in your apology – it makes you look even smaller.

Anonymous said...

The fact that you call my comment an attack says it.

Anonymous said...

OK, Steve, as long as you copy completely, I guess it's OK according to the Lightning's standards. They copied a copyrighted story/event in the governor's debate from BELO.

I don't see what harm has come to the SAL, but maybe more people read you than him. Maybe?

Keep up the good work, but watch what you step in.