View My Stats

Saturday, August 26, 2006

David Van Os endorsed by Texas DemVets

























David Van Os (photo)
Candidate for Texas AG

Rachel showed me the beautiful statement from the Texas Democratic Veterans endorsing my candidacy for Texas Attorney General. Not only am I profoundly honored by your statement; I am greatly humbled, for I am certain that my meager contributions to the defense of the Constitution are nothing compared to the sacrifices that many of your membership have willingly endured for its defense.

At this time in our republic's history, when so many persons in positions of high public trust are doing so much to trample on the Constitution and Bill of Rights that so many have sacrificed so much to defend, it is very comforting to know that none of us are alone, that we are all surrounded by comrades who understand the imperative need to protect our people from the power-grabbers and robber barons who seek to destroy the dream.

Though I doubt that I am really worthy of it, with a mixture of pride and humility I gratefully accept the honor of being endorsed by Texas Democratic Veterans, true warriors for liberty, democracy, and the Constitution.


No comments: