View My Stats

Friday, August 04, 2006

Ciro Rodriguez speaks out on Judges redistricting



Former Congressman Ciro Rodriguez (photo)

By Gina Castaneda

Statement from Former Congressman Ciro D. Rodriguez

SAN ANTONIO , TX - The Federal Court has issued its order in the redistricting case which places all of Webb County into the 28th Congressional District. This has impacted Bexar County and portions of San Antonio.

Former Congressman Ciro Rodriguez says, "My home now lies within the boundaries of the 23rd Congressional District, which now includes the Southern portions of Bexar County and San Antonio, as well as part of the eastside.

"I am in the process of looking at the map and reviewing the numbers.

"I appreciate the support and encouragement that I have received from the many callers to my office. I intend to make a decision on making another bid for Congress shortly and will announce it by early next week."



No comments: